Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Be My Valentine


Happy Valentines everyone. 14th of February has finally arrived. The day all the girls wished they'd received roses and love-shaped chocolates; the day all the guys who wished they'd more to offer for his girl. As what people always say, love is in the air. I suppose my air is filled with love as well. His love, for all I know :)

However, those days of anticipating for something really BIG to happen to me on Valentine's Days are long gone. I used to think that this feeling only happens when you're way too disappointed about what your other half had done for you for the past few years on this day. But now I realize that I'm just really glad and blessed to have this man standing behind me everywhere I go, ready to catch me when I fall; ready to listen to me when I complain; ready to take care of me when I'm unhappy; ready to share my burden with me. What more could I ask for from him? 

I suppose what I'm trying to say here is that money can't buy us happiness; it can't buy us love. Because where there is love, there will always be happiness. A guy who can provide you everything on this earth doesn't mean he can provide you love however a man who may not provide you everything on this earth can provide you one thing, and that is love. It's your choice, take a pick. But wherever that you decide to go, make sure it is what makes you happy beneath you. Because it is pointless to make decisions that will only end up in disappointments and misery.

I believe the decision I've made 2 and a half years back was right for me. It changed me; it changed my entire life, forever. I couldn't wish to be anywhere else but here right now. Looking back in my past seems much easier with him by my side; always telling me that things will be better now. And I believe him, I really do. But my past will always be my past, it taught me so much. Despite how much it has hurt me and scarred me, it somehow has made an impact in the way I project what I call, love. I will always remember my past. 

So, Happy Valentines Day everyone. Remember to show some love not only to your loved one but also to your family, friends and not forgetting God :) That's all I have for today.





evon

No comments: