Thursday, December 8, 2011

Enchanted

Love cannot be seen nor touched,
But must be felt in the heart.


I don't believe in spending 24/7 together with your partner. Loving a person doesn't mean constantly dwelling into each other's presence because it blinds you; it actually doesn't. Instead, it opens up one's eyes to see the reality of unconditional love and pure commitment. Love is not all about sugary sweetness as we all have imagined but because of love, we are suppose to accept the other half the way he or she is. Most of us never seems to understand this as we keep trying and trying to change our partner to be what we want them to be. It is not about finding the perfect men or women to fit your criteria. If you're still searching, let me tell you that you're most likely unable to find this right person to be with for the rest of your life.

It is by living the moment that you get to spend together that causes us to appreciate the time we manage to get to see one another. Because as days, months and years pass by, these days will set us a reminder of how much we truly love one another despite how busy we may get in life. I believe that even married couples face the same situations as any other; but marriage is not all about love anymore. Couples that have divorced did not bare in mind of the plans they have together in the future, providing for one another's needs whether it is emotional, physical or spiritual, and sacrificing their dreams for one another. However it may be, married couples too need to have their time alone to realize the importance of one another. 

Joshua has been there for me for the past years. Looking back at all the days that I cried and suffered with confusion with life, he was like a walking word of wisdom to me whether he realized it or not. He took care of me when no one did; brought me breakfast, lunch, dinner or supper, you name it; drove me around when I needed him to despite the distance; bought me lots of goodies to cheer me up or surprise me cause he knows I love it. I mean seriously, I have an amazing boyfriend and I'm proud to show it. I know I have high expectations to reach but he seems to be the extraordinary; in a very different perspective. I remember when we first gave each other a chance to work this out, I told myself that this would probably not last long because he was not exactly what I expected him to be back then. But somewhere in my heart gave it in anyways and it turns out, I was totally wrong. He is EXACTLY what I love my man to be without knowing. He has changed my perspective in love and the way we should search and respond to it. So after all these whiles, I was searching for the wrong people at the wrong places with the wrong reasons. It shook me real hard and has definitely awaken me to see the reality from my dreams.


The thing that works for us is that, despite our total differences in lifestyle and culture; we are very similar on the inside. We share similar beliefs and  goals that set us apart from others in life. Our views and opinions meets and it makes us stronger as we build each other up with encouragement and confidence. We believe that instead of seeing each other day and night, giving each other space would help in our relationship. We believe that being in a relationship need not be mushy and sweet words all the time; there are times of seriousness as well. We believe that it is impossible to love one another 24/7 but because of pure commitment and God's love. We believe that it is unnecessary to spend so much on each other in an on-going relationship; as it doesn't prove of your loyalty towards one another. 

I love that he doesn't pamper me all the time; knowing that I need a little push in life sometimes to succeed, he makes the effort to do so eventhough he loves me enough to do it for me. I love that he doesn't always make me happy; as it makes me realize that we are all just humans and how crazy my mood swings may be sometimes and it's unbearable. I love that he doesn't pay for everything but most of the time, he does; shows that I do put in some effort sometimes in the relationship as it is a two way street. I love that he cares for my family members as well; shows that they do mean something to him besides having a good relationship with me. 

It's weird how we slowly alter into each other's characters but amusing at the same time. We laugh and joke about one another when we realize the times that we imitated each other's habits unconsciously. The way we talk; the way we joke; the way we think; hopefully not the way we laugh haha. But this relationship has truly made me believe that he may be the right one for me, my Mr Right. Long gone are the days that I seek for someone who understands me inside and out and yet loves me back for who I am. It is like spending time with your best friend, but different; he's my lover as well. 

Well, he's probably in his Muay Thai class now and I'm happily blogging right here. Honestly, I'm not able to read where our future will stand but at least we look forward to it everyday now that we know what we want.  Always remind ourselves that being in a relationship/marriage is not about getting something in return, but it's about giving the best that you can for the one you love.





evon

No comments: